Can't function without coffee? No problem - you don't have to feel bad with these caffeine skincare perks!!
1) Soothes Redness and Inflammation: Caffeine possesses anti-inflammatory properties (restricts blood vessels and improves circulation) that help in reducing the inflammation and redness in your skin.
2) Cellulite: When presented in skincare products, caffeine can dehydrate fatty cells - which results in the water disappearing from the surface of the skin, minimizing the appearance of cellulite and providing you with smoother skin.
3) Under Eye Circles: Although caffeine cannot cure hereditary under eye circles, it can help reduce puffiness and inflammation as well as reduce the accumulation of blood underneath the eyes which attribute to dark circles.
Quick Tip ** Tea leaves contain caffeine - applying moist tea bags underneath your eyes for 5 minutes can reduce dark circles and puffiness while being cost effective!
4) Free Radicals: Free radicals are the leading cause of premature aging that result in fine lines, wrinkles and loss of elasticity. The antioxidants in caffeine can help fight these free radicals and eliminate them, which will improve the overall appearance of your skin.
5) UV Damage: Studies have shown that caffeine can aid in repair to the skin damage caused by exposure to UV rays, it is among the strongest antioxidants (even considered a stronger antioxidant than green tea) to help with UV damage.
You no longer have to feel guilty with that morning cup (or five) of coffee, you are one step closer to skin care perfection!